Thursday, July 8, 2010

Loaded Down.


"Breathe, just breathe,
take the world off your shoulders
and put it on me.
Breathe, just breathe,
let the life that you live
be all that you need."
- Ryan Star, Breathe








Ryan Star's hit song "Breathe" has been blowing up the airwaves on nearly every radio station that I listen to. I'm not complaining though, I love this song. It's definitely in my Top 5 favorite things at the moment, which also include air conditioning, Sheetz's chicken sandwiches, my boyfriend, and Man vs. Food on Travel Channel. The lyrics aren't about anyone specifically, but are written so that they can be geared toward anyone. I'd been planning on posting about this song ever since God told me weeks ago to write, and so I've just been waiting for the words to come as I memorized the lyrics. And yes, I'm listening to it now. :)
In the song, Star sings of letting a girl place all her problems onto him and taking a break. Not a bad idea.
You know, there's someone else who offers the same.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdoned, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30.)
In this verse, God offers His protection and comfort for all who ask it. Just like it says in the song, God tells us to let everything go and place it all on Him and it'll be completely fine.
The world we live in today is a stressful place. Everywhere you turn there's something demanding time and effort, and once you have a few of these, things start getting rough. It feels like someone has something in for you, and everything is crashing down. So what's hitting at you these days? Fights with friends? College? Children? Spouses? Graduation parties? Vacation? Work schedules? Maybe not even spending enough time with God? Whatever we're facing, it can feel 5000 times worse if we let it. And that's where God comes in.
So here's your No Restraints challenge for this post. If something is bothering you and weighing you down, and more than likely there is, I challenge you to give it to God. Spend some time with Him and give Him everything that's bothering you and soon you'll be better. You'll be able to relax, and breathe deeply again. Only then can we really 'let the lives that we live be all that we need.'
Are you in?


-Kimber.

No comments:

Post a Comment