Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Incredible.


(This is the second time I've wrote this, because my Internet crashed earlier. This post isn't nearly as good as the last was. Sorry.)


All week in Florida, I kept repeating that word to myself - incredible. When I asked some people what they thought of the week, the word came up frequently. And why wouldn't it? Consider the week I just had:


  • Thousands of teens, along with youth leaders and parents, gathering together in Orlando, Florida in the name of Christ.
  • These same people raising over $50,000 for STW - Spread the Word, an organization that gives money to missionaries and others in need to help spread the word of Christ - in a mere 2 days.
  • Worshipping with some of the biggest names in Christian circles - Lincoln Brewster, for one.
  • Laughing to good and clean Christian comedy from The Skit Guys, two of the funniest people I've ever seen.
  • And, spending a week together in the Happiest Place on Earth, as well as Orlando for the convention, with the greatest youth group in history.
Now, tell me how that isn't incredible.
The 4 sessions that we had dealt with different topics relating to the theme, which was Love. Love God, yourself, others, and the world. My next few posts here will relate to these topics, and I'll go in-depth a bit and recap everything that I learned and heard. I'll be using my own notes that I took, as well as other views from people and myself, and things that I learned from our nightly devotions in our youth group.
So, this is the NR challenge for this post. I challenge you to follow the next few posts that I put up. The lessons that I write have certainly made an impact on me, and you never know if they will for you. In short, stay tuned for what's to come.
Are you in?


-Kimber

No comments:

Post a Comment