Monday, August 16, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie.

I really hope that's not what I'm going to be saying soon. :(
I was outside weeding when I went into the garage to get a pair of my Mum's gloves to grab some bigger weeds with. Bailey, our lab, followed me out and I didn't think anything of it when she ran ahead - she's only 3 and still acts like a puppy, running everywhere, and plus she's been in heat so we've been keeping her in the garage and the fenced in back pporch - and took off in the backyard. I walked through the patio and saw that she had something in her mouth (common for her.) and thought it was the Max puppy that she stole from me when we first got her. (I had the Ariel Barbie, the Eric doll, and the Max dog. I was serious about my Little Mermaid.) I looked closer when she dropped it though, and saw that it was moving. Here she had gotten a bird and was playing with it! I ran over to her and called her off, and picked up the poor little guy. He's a little shaken up and stunned and his one wing looks to be a little out of place, but that may just be because I put him down in the flower basket in the one tree here. I'm hoping he'll be ohk, but I'm going to do what I can to take care of him.
It's funny how something like this makes you thing about things differently, or at least, with a bit more interest.
"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God's sight." - Luke 12:6.
In this verse, it tells us that God takes care of the little guys. To us, a bird is just a bird. You see them everyday, and in fall when they fly south, it seems like there are millions and millions of them in front of us. They're everywhere, so they're not that big of a deal. But to God, they're a precious creation of His.
This chapter in Luke goes on to say that God doesn't just stop there.
"Indeed, the very hairs on your head are numbered. Don't be afraid, you're worth more than many sparrows." - Luke 12:7.
There isn't anything I can really say about this verse that isn't already clear - you're worth more than hundreds and hundreds of sparrows! Don't let anyone tell you different. You're God's original masterpiece, and He thinks you're amazing.
So here's your NR challenge for this post. Every time you think that you're not worth it, that you're not good enough, and that noone cares - think of this verse. Don't look down on yourself! You're a great work of art, created by the most awesome and holy artist ever.
Are you in?




-Kimber.

No comments:

Post a Comment