Thursday, May 3, 2012

This time, I will not lose.

Today I resolve to change.
Today I resolve to become a new me,
a new creation.
Time and time again I've said this same promise,
spoken these same words
with the same sincere heart.
And time and time again, 
I've had to be forgiven,
seventy times seven,
but it's okay. You say it's okay.
So I will listen.
This time, I will not let You down.
This time, I will not lose.

Today I resolve to change.
Today I resolve to live out Your word, Your promise to me:
Your daughter, Your beloved princess.
This time, I accept that I will face challenges.
Adversity is not something new to me. It has taken me down, defeated me in the past.
This time, I will not accept defeat.
This time, I will turn to my side and realize You are there.
This time, I will let You fight my battles, instead of trying to myself.
I am no David, armed with stones. I am no Deborah, ready to face an army.
I am simply a small girl, waiting for Her Father to help. You are there, waiting for me to ask.
So I will ask.
This time, I will not lose.

Today I resolve to change. 
Today I resolve to start anew, beginning a new page in my life.
Clean slate, wiped empty and fresh by His blood, His tears, 
His scarred hands taking the blame from mine.
This time, I will make something beautiful out of my scars.
This time, I will recognize Your plan for me,
and stop trying to write my own story.
My slate is clean, but only You can write the words that fill my pages.
So I will watch. I will wait. 
I will read and view as my story becomes one of the most beautiful love tales of all time,
written by the One who loves me most.
There is no second best here, no unhappy endings. No one can have a better story than mine, because mine is just for me. No one can compete with it.
This time, I will not lose.


No comments:

Post a Comment