Thursday, March 24, 2011

Winning.

"I'm tired of pretending I'm not a total...rock star from Mars, and people can't figure me out; they can't process me. I don't expect them to. You can't process me with a normal brain."
"I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path because it was written for normal people. People who aren't special. People who don't have tiger blood and Adonis DNA."
" I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs."
Do you see the Adonis genes?
"Duh, winning."
If you have to google these quotes to figure out what they mean, then you're right on the same level as the rest of the world. However, if you have to figure out who said these quotes, then you haven't had the news on in a while. Charlie Sheen has been popping up everywhere, instantly becoming a media frenzy after lashing out at his former employers after then cancelled the rest of "Two and a Half Men," then firing Charlie. America has a specialty, and that's to make fun and laugh at people who are completely losing it. Right now, Charlie is the target. The thing is, he isn't doing anything to help his case. With making dozens of interviews in a few days - I think he did like five in a single day - Charlie just isn't stopping.
All over Twitter and Facebook, people are loving on Charlie Sheen. You have "#teamsheen" on Twitter, the tags of "#tigerblood," "#winning," and many more of the crazy sayings that have somehow come out of Mr. Sheen's mouth. There's even a few songs on iTunes right now about the famous Mr. Sheen, and I'll admit that the one is extremely catchy.
Charlie is freaking out because things in his life aren't going the way he wants them to. He's insisting that he is above death, because he has Adonis DNA and Tiger Blood. Interesting, right?
Now let's think about this. Charlie Sheen, a man who looks to be completely broken and has nothing, is claiming that he has something akin to eternal life. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a bit impossible? I only know of one way that you can have eternal life, and that sure isn't living with different women and partying.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will never die, but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Also, his tiger blood is nothing I've ever heard of. I have, however, heard of something that is incredibly more powerful than that.
"Jesus said to them, 'Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.'" - John 6:53

Here's your NR challenge for this post. Take a look at your life and see what you consider "winning" - is it being the hotshot akin to Charlie Sheen, surrounded by the women, money, drugs, and attention? Or is it being eternally thankful for the REAL blood that will save you - the blood of Jesus Christ, letting you walk forever with Him? If it's not, then I advise you to take a good hard look at your life. Where will all of this get you? If your answer to that isn't Heaven, then that's not winning.
Are you in?

-Kimber.
While that may sound a bit morbid, I guarentee you that it isn't. Jesus died for you and me, so that one day we can spend eternity with Him. Sounds a lot better than taking a hit of Charlie Sheen and watching your children weep over your torn body, doesn't it?
Hmm. Charlie, try again?

No comments:

Post a Comment